Saturday, 21 November 2015

Big girly room!

To celebrate my daughter Lauren turn the big seven today (and according to the text books finally develop full functioning frontal lobes), I thought I would surprise her with new big girly room! Lauren loves animals, science and space so I decided to combine these into her new room. Lauren is also quite the reader and endlessly writes letters, notes and stories so for the perfect birthday present I have created her own writing desk. A place to learn, write, dream and most importantly be herself. 

The design all started with the amazing moon poster artwork by Nina Designs. I stubbled across this poster on Instagram and I knew instantly it was perfect for Lauren’s room.  Nina has lots of amazing party printables (soon to be used in Lauren’s birthday party) and posters and you can find her shop here.  Nina has an amazing blog in which I follow you can find it here.   

The next items were the Homely creatures to the moon and back felt banner and the Numero 74 Mini sparkle star cushion both from Design Twins I completed the space theme with a paper star garland is from renna deluxe on Etsy.

I purchased Lauren’s desk from IKEA Australia.  I accessorised the desk with items from my favourite stores Pulp Creative Paper and Lime Lifestyle.  I completed Lauren's room with linen’s and items from around the home including a felt basket from Mocka and a handmade yard bowl from Chompahandmade that I purchased on our recent day trip to Newcastle (read about it here).  


Hope you enjoy all of the details!  Big Love Felicity x















No comments:

Post a Comment